We know that some people, either by personal choice or by force of circumstance, support and connect with the work of MCC Manchester by visiting this web site on a regular basis rather than by visiting us in person. We are delighted to welcome all of you to this 'virtual' ministry and assure you that:
- your connection with us matters to us,
- you are in our prayers as part of our wider church family,
- and we are happy to receive feedback from you on how this ministry can be developed and improved to serve your needs better.
Note: Full and formal Membership of Metropolitan Community Churches requires a range of commitments to be made to a local MCC - including regular attendance. Full details can be found at Community > Becoming a Member of MCC. We recognise this level of commitment is not feasible for people who have no MCC within a reasonable distance, but we are delighted to have you travelling with us via this web site for whatever journey of faith God has called you to undertake.
Staying Connected with the Church
As well as browsing the full content of our site using the top-level menu at the head of each page, you may prefer to visit more often those pages on our site which change most frequently, or which are more interactive, or which contain devotional material:
- The Headlines column on our Home page lists all our forthcoming events with links for further details.
- Our Newsletters page provides the texts of weekly news sheets. You can sign up for an e-mail copy of the newsletter here.
- Our Sermons pages for 2011, 2012 and 2013 provide the texts of sermons delivered at our main Sunday worship service.
- We have steadily been introducing audio content to our website. We invite you to listen to recordings of sermons and presentations on our Audio and Video page.
- Our Gallery contains pictures of MCC people and others enjoying fellowship together at our events.
- Our Events and Activities page links to our News Blog and will keep you informed about the activities and topical issues that we are involved in.
- Our Facebook Page enables everyone to network socially with the church, by posting messages on The Wall, keeping track of Events, and joining in Discussions.
- Our Twitter feed keeps you up-to-date with news, links and topical comment about our church, the lgbt communities and our locality.
- You can watch videos of church activities on our YouTube Channel.
Please feel free to send a message to our church office - details are on the Contact Us page - on any issues that may be of concern to you or if you have any suggestions on how we might improve this virtual ministry.
Other Virtual Resources
There are many sites on the internet which provide biblical and devotional resources for virtual visitors. We list below those we have discovered and which we find of particular value.
- Online Translations of the Bible - provides links to the texts of a wide range of Bible versions, which can be copied and pasted into other resources for use in both personal study and and corporate worship.
- TextWeek - a virtual study desk for students, teachers and preachers. Offers access by date to links to a wide variety of contemporary and historical resources for study and liturgy for each lectionary week; or check out the Scripture Index to locate links to study resources relating to specific passages. Artwork indexed by Biblical theme can be found in the Art Concordance, and the Movie Concordance provides lists of movies indexed by spiritual theme.
- Sacred Space - daily prayer online provided by the Irish Jesuits, inviting you to make a 'Sacred Space' in your day, and spend ten minutes, praying as you sit at your computer, with the help of on-screen guidance and scripture chosen specially every day.
- Cathedral of Hope, Dallas - a large United Church of Christ congregation, formerly one of our largest Metropolitan Community Churches, providing online recordings of their worship services.
Thank you for spending time with us. Please visit us again soon.
May God bless your journey of faith wherever you may be.