Prayer and Reflection
We have created a simple prayer space for you to use at home, at work, via phone or tablet, whilst on the bus or train, in a coffee shop or library - or anywhere else!
The links to the daily reflections on the left will take you to self-guided resources, each one consisting of a sequence of pictures and just a few words to help guide your thoughts as you pray. There is a different reflection for each day of the week and each follows a particular theme.
Sometimes it's hard to give ourselves time to pray and harder to know what to pray for. These slides give a gentle structure and use images to help us focus on God and the needs of our world. We hope you find them useful for yourself and also as a resource to share with others.
The themes for each day are as follows:
- Sunday - We pray for the church's ministry and future, and give thanks for its past.
- Monday - We pray for lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender people.
- Tuesday - We thank God for creation.
- Wednesday - We pray for the life of the city.
- Thursday - We give thanks for those who work, and we pray for the unemployed.
- Friday - We pray with the saints for our world.
- Saturday - We pray for asylum seekers and refugees.
- Also in the left-hand column you will find links to some reflections based on scripture texts - Some Biblical Reflections and Word for the Gay. We hope you find these useful for the sacred spaces in your life.